Just the other day, I was sitting at the dinner table drinking a glass of wine and looking around, when some interesting ideas came into mind regarding dining room furniture design. I immediately got up and applied this to my dining room as well as to other rooms in the house, and was very happy with the results. Here then are the ideas I had, that you can apply in your own house, 5 tips for design.
1. Put some style into it: This doesn't mean that you should get crazy about things. Rather, it means that you should know what you like, your specific style, and try to apply it in everything that you do. So while some people prefer more traditional styles, such as Amish oak furniture, others like a more contemporary look. You should put your own style into your furniture and house at every chance.
2. Match but don't mismatch color: Color is a very important element to any house. Once you've familiarized yourself with your preferred style, you should be sure to match colors correctly - while avoiding bad combinations. You wouldn't want a dark wooden table next to a very light finish dining room hutch. Similarly, avoid too many strange colors altogether at once, such as bright orange, blue, and purple. Sure they're all nice colors, but not together. You can mix, but don't mismatch your colors.
3. Space is essential: Although I have spoken of the use of space elsewhere, an extra point or two is always helpful. Recognizing the space means that you understand how the space flows in your house. Is your house more curved or straight, open or closed, narrow or wide? Recognizing the essential purpose of space means that you see how it flows in your house and therefore how you can arrange your furniture to suit the space properly.
4. The Harmony of Arrangement: Harmony is in everything, from day to night, to musical harmony, to the colors of the rainbow in the sky. So too with arrangement you should seek to make things harmonious in your house. Be aware that this doesn't mean everything should be in a certain order. A disharmonious-harmony can be more suited to your style, but if you like that, be sure to be consistent. If you prefer things just slightly off, make sure everything is similarly done. The end effect will be fantastic.
5. Compliments follow Complementing: If you want people to see the effort you put into your house design, then be sure that all the pieces in the house complement each other. This means that if you buy new dining furniture, make sure that it fits with that hutch. If not, then don't expect compliments from your friends. Even if you've taken into consideration all of the above four design tips, if things don't complement each other, then the entire room will look strangely awkward and uneven.
So put together furniture that complement each other, and you can be sure that the compliments will follow.
Article Source: http://www.articlewheel.com/
The author is an interior designer. Dining chairs and www.amishtables.com/dining-room-tables-amish.php" target="_blank">tables can be found n a variety of colors and materials. Choose one that suits your style. Wooden dining furniture with dark polish looks great in this season.